Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation
The Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation process is for photographers, videographers and journalists seeking accreditation for Motorsport Australia sanctioned motorsport events held around Australia.
Photographers, videographers and journalists are required to comply with the Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation Policy and all accredited media, excluding journalists, will need to purchase a new Motorsport Australia Media vest for each calendar
Should you have any queries regarding media accreditation, please contact the Motorsport Australia Media department via [email protected] or on 1300 883 959.
Please note: All media accreditations will be processed at the end of each month.
2023 Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation
In 2023, the Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation application process will be 100 per cent digital.
Photographers and videographers will still receive their high-visibility orange vest to wear at events but the application/renewal process will now be completed through the Member Portal, cutting out paper forms and manual payments.
Your accreditation card will also now be available via the Motorsport Australia app and will be available as soon as your application has been approved. The app can be used even without mobile reception, as long as you have logged in previously to download
All existing 2022 accreditation holders have also been set up with an account automatically, to speed up your renewal.
A detailed how-to guide is available here, while a simplified version can be read below.
If you did not hold media accreditation in 2022, or applying for a new accreditation, you can register for a new account here: https://portal.motorsport.org.au/octozy/register
All new applications can head straight to “My Applications” on the navigation bar, click ‘create new application’ and select media accreditation.
Renewing your Media Accreditation
Head to the login page for the Motorsport Australia Member Portal here.
Log in with your existing Member Portal details, if applicable.
For those renewing your 2022 accreditation who have not logged in to the Motorsport Australia Member Portal before, you must activate your account using the steps below.
- On the Member Portal login page, enter your seven/eight-digit 2022 Member ID as shown on your 2022 Media card and click Next.
- You will be redirected to the Activation Page, where you will be required to fill in your details.*
- Once the details are entered, Click Next again.
- A verification email will be sent to you, which you are required to follow the prompts.
- A second email will be sent to you with a temporary password.
- Return to the Member Portal and log in.
- *If you are unsure of the email that you registered with – please get in contact with [email protected] and you will be provided with the correct email.
Once logged in, please make sure your details on the dashboard, includes an up-to-date photo of yourself.
Once you have uploaded a photo and all profile details are complete, click on “renew button” in the “Licences & Accreditations” section of the dashboard.
If you are wanting to upgrade a level, you can select “My Applications” on the navigation bar, click ‘create new application’ and select media accreditation.
Follow the prompts to renew your accreditation.
Please note: If you are a renewing member, you do not need provide a link to a gallery/portfolio in the “Other Details” page during the process.
Download the Motorsport Australia app to your device. Login using your member portal details.
Your card will appear and can be used to show event organisers, along with your hi-vis vest (photographers only).
Why Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation?
There are several benefits in having Media Accreditation:
- You receive personal accident insurance through Motorsport Australia which provides for a certain amount of compensation in the event that you are injured. Without this insurance you will not be covered by Motorsport Australia for any injuries you suffer at an event.
- Having Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation makes a clear statement to event organisers about the quality of your portfolio, that you are bound by the Media Accreditation Policy and that you are endorsed by Motorsport Australia. Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation is recognised by event organisers.
- Many event organisers may restrict access to certain areas of an event to those who hold Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation. Those without Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation may not be able to access areas beyond those available to general spectators.
Note: Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation does not entitle holder automatic entry to events such as Supercars, Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix or Shannons SpeedSeries. It is highly recommended that Accredited Media contact the event organiser or the event's media personnel before going to an event.
All media accreditations will be processed at the end of each month.
Media Accreditation Policy
Photographers, videographers and journalists renewing or applying for Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation MUST read the Policy before renewing or applying for accreditation.
The Policy contains important information about the application process as well as outlining key rules which you must follow at each event to enhance your safety.
Motorsport Australia Accredited Media will also be required to wear their Motorsport Australia media vest at events at all times.
Click here for more information on the Motorsport Australia Media Accreditation Policy.
Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) / Drone Operator Policy
Commonly referred to as 'drones', a RPA can be used at a Motorsport Australia permitted event providing the RPA is operated within the guidelines of the Motorsport Australia policy. The Policy contains important information about the application process as well as outlining key rules which you must follow at each event to enhance your safety.
Click here to view more information on the Drone Operator Policy.